Real Estate Cycles
Emerging Trends in Real Estate Asia Pacific 2018
ULI PWC November 2017
Undertaken jointly with PwC and the Urban Land Institute, the report provides an outlook on real estate investment and development trends. What are the emerging trends that will drive investment and development in 2018 and beyond?
Now in its 12th edition, Emerging Trends in Real Estate® Asia Pacific addresses various challenges facing industry leaders and professionals today:
- Where the opportunities lie?
- What are the trends in the capital markets, including sources and flows of equity and debt capital?
- Which property sectors offer the best opportunities and which ones to avoid?
- Which metropolitan areas offer the most and least potential?
- How the economy and concerns about credit issues are affecting real estate?
- How locational preferences are changing?
The Australian Government’s Response to Infrastructure Australia’s Australian Infrastructure Plan
In February 2016, the Australian Government welcomed Infrastructure Australia’s delivery of the first 15-year Australian Infrastructure Plan, based on a comprehensive top-down audit of the nation’s infrastructure assets – across the transport, energy, communications and water sectors. This was a significant milestone – delivering on Infrastructure Australia’s mandate to inform the Government’s infrastructure reform agenda.
Infrastructure Australia made 78 recommendations based on a comprehensive top-down audit of Australia’s infrastructure stock and needs. In its response outlined in this report, the Commonwealth has embraced 69 recommendations and notes six – though some remain primarily responsibility for state and territory governments.
Emerging Trends in Real Estate – Asia Pacific 2017
Emerging trends in real estate gives a heads up on where to invest, which sectors and markets offer the best prospects and trends in the capital markets that will affect real estate.
The study reflects the views of almost 698 individuals in the real estate industry and highlights include:
- What to expect and where the best opportunities are.
- Trends in the capital markets, including sources and flows of equity and debt capital.
- Indications of which property sectors offer opportunities and which ones to avoid.
- How the economy and concerns about credit issues are affecting real estate.
- Which metropolitan areas offer the most and least potential.
Anticipating Real Estate Capital Markets Downturns
LaSalle delineate the different cycles that impact real estate (RE) returns, estimate where we are in those cycles, and propose strategic and tactical actions to take in response. The three most important cycles that LaSalle analyze relate to the economy, real estate markets, and capital markets.
LaSalle discuss the importance of capital markets for real estate investing, identify tools and techniques for tracking capital markets across the globe, and provide a simple framework for collating the best leading indications of the next turning point in the current cycle in the three regions – North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.